BMGS and its Board value the input and on-going support of the Alumni. The heart of BMGS is its school community and culture, the past students can and do play an integral role in assisting the school build its cultural values.
Blue Mountains Grammar School was established in Springwood, in 1918, as the Blue Mountains Church of England Grammar School for Boys and in 2018 will proudly celebrate its Centenary.
In 1951 the School, with enrolments of 17 students, moved to its current site in Wentworth Falls and merged with the MacLaurin School for Boys (Leura). The MacLaurin tartan remains a major feature of the School's uniform and elements of the MacLaurin family crest have been incorporated into the School crest.
In the mid- to late-1970s, BMGS became a co-educational School and today has more than 600 students enrolled.
In 2003, the School opened its Valley Heights Campus (Preparatory School, Years Pre-K to 4) approximately one kilometre from the original Springwood site ("Homedale").
The School has an excellent archive at Coorah House, which can be optimised and viewed by appointment.
The Foundation Committee promotes within the school community an affinity with the school, an awareness of its needs and aspirations, philanthropic funding, as well as recognition and encouragement of the Alumni.
The Foundation Committee has four main tenets or elements
The Foundation Committee acts to support and assist the Board by establishing and maintaining a philanthropic fund or funds to provide financial assistance for the purposes of the School. These purposes include:
Rhod Grivas - Committee Chair, School Board representative and school parent
Christine Ollife - School Board Chair
Peter Meyers - ex student
Kate Prowse - ex student
Marlene Plummer - ex parent, Alumni Officer, Archivist
Anne Cranna - School Registrar